Phoenix Slip and Fall
What should I Do after a Slip and Fall injury?
Documenting the circumstances of your fall and getting help right away are the most important steps to take. Otherwise, you could be making a big mistake. Learn what you need to do after a slip and fall injury.
When should I hire a lawyer?
In a slip and fall case, the sooner, the better. It doesn’t take long for evidence to start disappearing and insurance companies to start undermining your claim. Find out the perfect time to hire an attorney to help you.
Hiring a lawyer sounds scary. Is it?
Hiring a lawyer may sound intimidating, but really, it’s empowering. By managing the claim for you, we free you up to focus on recovery. Find out how a lawyer can make your life easier after a slip and fall accident.
Why Do You Need Compensation for a Slip and Fall Injury?
If you’re wondering if you really need compensation for a slip and fall injury, here are the things you need to think about:
- Your injuries. If you sustained significant injuries that lasted more than a short while and affected your life, then you need compensation, period. Just “getting through” your life isn’t good enough. Dealing with pain and disability, perhaps indefinitely, is unacceptable when, prior to the accident, you had a healthy, active, busy life.
- Your medical costs. Who’s going to bear the massive burden of the medical bills? Your own family? That’s not fair. The people who caused this whole ordeal are the ones who should be paying for the consequences, not the family that is already struggling with the physical and emotional impact of your injury.
- Your income. Whether you’re the main provider for the family or just bringing in some extra cash, you shouldn’t be missing out on a paycheck because someone else was careless. Your lost wages could mean missing mortgage payments or falling behind on other bills – and that could lead to catastrophic consequences like eviction, foreclosure, and a major drop in your credit score.
- Your career. It gets even worse. What if the accident doesn’t just keep you out of work temporarily? You may be permanently disabled in a way that prevents you from going back to work, or at least to the job you had chosen. Or, you could be out of work so long that you lose your job or at least your potential for promotions and upward mobility. If you’ve spent years mastering a skill or preparing for this career path, you’re suddenly starting over from the bottom. Don’t you think someone should pay for that?
- Your abilities. Life is about more than just work. If the slip and fall accident has limited your ability to live your life in any way, the person responsible needs to answer for that. Whether it’s getting down on the floor to play with your children, running marathons, or playing an instrument, this is a part of your life that you have lost, and the reality is that you might never get it back.
- Your quality of life. Remember when you weren’t in pain all the time? Remember when you felt free, in control, and able to enjoy all of the best parts of your life? If it wasn’t for the accident, you would still be living your very best life right now. Instead, you feel trapped, maybe even hopeless. You deserve to still have the same quality of life you enjoyed before the fall.
Can you sue for these non-tangible things like quality of life?
It’s certainly harder to put a number on considerations like the physical and emotional pain and suffering you have gone through, but that doesn’t mean you don’t deserve compensation for them. We call losses of this nature “non-economic damages,” and we fight hard to get the money you deserve for them.
After all, the money you receive can help minimize the impact of the injury on your quality of life by allowing you to adjust your routine, modify your home or work environment and afford assistive devices and outside help that can help you regain your quality of life.
You can’t simply offset the full range of consequences of a serious slip and fall. Unless it was such a minor injury that you needed little medical care, missed little or no time at work, and were completely back to your old self almost immediately, you really do need compensation for what this accident has put you through.
Why You Need a Lawyer for an Arizona Slip and Fall Claim
How do you fight back when these challenges threaten to undermine your slip and fall claim? Your best option is to hire an experienced lawyer.